Monday, October 18, 2010

Advanced Trauma Life Support

Every 3 months, my brother-in-law, Jody helps teach an advanced trauma life support class for doctors at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray. For this class, the doctors are required to pass a written test and a skills test (with a scenario in which they would be the doctor making the decisions on what to do for the patient). For this class, they need real live dummies to help them in these scenarios. It was so much fun getting all made up to fit the descriptions of our scenarios. Let me introduce you to the victims:
A 26-year old female construction worker who fell 35 feet from some scaffolding in to a pile of scraps.......
A 5 (10) year-old child who was caught under a garage door....

A 35-year-old mother who was electrocuted after climbing up in a tree to get her child's kite from a power line.....
A 7-year-old niece having too much fun with wax and fake blood.....

A 42-year-old obese liquor store owner who was shot twice......
A 24-year-old man who crashed on his motorcycle....

The victims.......
A weird looking mannequin who needs new hair and a nose job.....
Silly boys playing a quarter game 'til their knuckles bleed.....

It was a lot of fun hanging out with my sister, nieces and nephews, and my brother-in-law, Jesse!

5 comments:

  1. DeAnn, that first photo freaked me out, I'm not gonna lie. My heart was beating all crazy and I was reaching for the phone.

    I think we're almost even from that april fools disaster now, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA ha, we'll never be even for that one, I think. I seriously thought I had lost my best friend! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pre-halloween fun! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow DeAnn! I was very surprised by that picture, but was relieved to see that is was for a class/training. It looks like it was kind of fun, knowing that it wasn't real!

    ReplyDelete