Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving was a blast! It was the E Family's turn for Thanksgiving, so my sister hosted it at her house. There were oodles of people there (there are oodles in our family!) Most of my siblings were able to come except for my little brother's family who lives in Arizona (whom we missed!).  I had to work in the morning, so my hubby and I headed up after I was done. One of my assignments was the mashed potatoes, so I made them the night before with the Pioneer Woman's recipe (Holy cow, so good! Just don't think about the ingredients, ha ha!) and put them in the roaster to warm up.

The weather was chilly, but nice! The grandkids kept busy making some centerpieces before the meal while waiting for everyone to show up. The food was prepped and then it was time for the delicious meal! After the meal, it was the usual chit chat, desert, kids playing around outside, getting my brother's truck door unlocked (with his keys inside), and looking through black friday ads.
































After all the fun at the C-house, we headed down to Cortney's parents' house for some more pie! Some of their (and our) great friends showed up to hang out and to help eat some pie. We had a good time! Thanksgiving was such a fun day, not soon to be forgotten! It was great to see and be with the fam!

That following weekend, we put up our Christmas decorations!








Then it was time for the E-fam photo shoot! Love these guys!










Afterward, my brother came back to our house and fixed out pellet stove! We love the pellet stove! It keeps our downstairs (which is usually freezing!) very cozy! As a reward for fixing the stove, he got to play video games with Cortney and eat dinner with us! Ha ha :) It was nice to have him hang out for a little while with us! We had such a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment