Monday, June 22, 2009

Good times in Southern Utah!

At the end of May we had the wonderful opportunity of finally taking a little vacation! It was our first long vacation since our honeymoon and was so great to spend so much time together. We went to M town to visit my sister, Kim and her family, and then we went to Moab to experience the good times. Cortney had never visited Moab (or the ranch), so I thought it would be a good idea for a vacation to take and show him around the place. It was a lot of fun! We had some great adventures.
On our first day, we went down to my sister's ranch and had fun helping brand, tag, and vaccinate the newer calves.
Here's the process:
My nephews and brother-in-law roped the calves (It was so cool to watch our nephews G and K be able to rope so well!)



Then Charley, Chad, or Trevor tied them down to help keep them still:

After that, my sister gave them the vaccines and clipped their ears, Cortney gave tags to the bulls, and Trevor did the branding.



In some of their ears we found tics and so they checked a lot of the other cows in the herd. Unfortunately, they found a couple and had to remove the tics by hand. It was tasty (and by tasty I mean nasty) ..........

After that, my niece K showed Cortney how to feed a calf. He seemed to have a lot of fun with that!

It was a fun day at the ranch spending time with our family!





Our Moab adventure started out with mountain biking to Gemni Bridges. The Moab heat sure gave us a good welcome! It was a beautiful ride!




Later that day, we decided to visit Arches National Park. It was our first time (out of many, I'm sure) visiting Delicate Arch together. Awww, fer cute!



At the end of the day, we were sure beat from the hot sun, so we treated ourselves to some awesome pizza and icecream in Moab (the best part!).

The next day, we were able to go on an awesome hike that took us to see a lot of different arches. It was really beautiful and the hiking was fun going over all the red rock. After that hike, we drove around and saw a couple other arches. I just love that park!





This is a rock we saw just off the road that looks like a camel - ha!

Overall, the trip was awesome! We had a blast and it was so great to spend time with my sister and her family as well as my awesome husband. Aren't vacations the best?

3 comments:

  1. Well look at Courtney and DeAnn all happy and outdorsey together...jealous! Take advantage of this time together before you have children. I've always wanted to go to delicate arch, it looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Arches just the coolest place? We love it there too.
    And hey look! Courtney's on a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sorry I spelled your name wrong, CORtney. I'll get it right. Sometime.

    ReplyDelete