Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mt. Ogden Hike


On  one of my days off, my friend Becky, her son, and I decided we would summit Mt. Ogden!
 This summer has been really busy, and exercising has taken a back seat. To say that this hike was tough would be an understatement. The last time I hiked up to Mt. Ogden, I was in the best shape of my life. Remembering how easy it was at that time, I thought it would be no problem to hike it. I am proud to say that we made it to the top! By the time we got back down the car, our legs were like Jello! It was such a beautiful hike!
We started from the bottom of Snowbasin and hiked up the east side of the mountain. Part way up the mountain, the trail could go either way. Since it had been a while since I had hiked it (and couldn't remember which way to go), we decided to bush-whack it up the mountain. We climbed up about a quarter of a mile when I almost stepped on a rattlesnake!
It coiled up, I jumped back, and then it slithered off. I felt like I had jumped about 10 feet in the air. It was scary! My heart was beating about a million times a minute. We decided to go back down the mountain a little to find a longer, but safer (ha ha) trail.
When we got to the top, there was a crew working on the towers up there. They were waiting for a helicopter to come pick them up. We teased that they should take us for a free helicopter ride.  After we had left the towers to go back down, the helicopter came to pick them up. It was cool to see that! The flowers up there were beautiful!
It was so nice to be able to go for  hike, as well as enjoy nature! The sunburns and the leg burns were worth it!



 Thanks, Becky and Baby P! 

No comments:

Post a Comment