Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Utah Summer Games 2010

Last weekend we headed down to Cedar City for some fun! My niece J's basketball team played in the games! It was a lot of fun to watch their games and be good fans.... :)

J's the one on the right......
After an 8 am game on Friday, we had breakfast and hung out at the hotel. Then we went to a movie! We saw the new Karate Kid movie. It was awesome! It definitely was a great movie to get you all pumped up! After the movie, Cortney and I headed down to Sand Hollow Reservoir to check out the place. It was pretty AWESOME! The sands are red as can be and the water is a beautiful blue.


We also picked up my triathlon packet for the next day's race! Woot!
That night, we went to the girls' game. They lost both games that day :(. But hey, that's alright! Then Cortney, J, C, and I went to the Pizza Factory for some excellent carbo loading! Yeah! It was delicious! After dinner, it was time to get all my race gear ready for the next day. Then it was bed time! I probably woke up every hour, worried whether or not I was going to wake up on time or not. Then my cell phone started beeping because of low battery (and my alarm was set on the cell phone). Once I got the charger going, I was able to sleep for a bit!

We woke up and headed out around 5:15 am. Why they make races so darn early, I have no idea :) The race started at 7:30. It was a beautiful day for a race!

TRIATHLON

SWIM 750 meters




BIKE 14 miles
RUN 5k
My favorite part of the race........
My hot husband and I.....

One of the many sweet shots Cortney got while waiting for me.....
Overall, it was a great race! My time wasn't impressive, but it's the first tri of the season, so it can only get better! Yeah!

After the tri, we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up to go to breakfast at a ritzy breakfast place, Denny's! Yeah! Afterward, we chilled for a bit before the girls' second game of the day. Meet the team!

And two of the cutest fans around!
ADORABLE!
The game they played this afternoon would determine whether or not they would play for bronze! And they won! Yeah! After the game, we got sno cones and lunchables, and waited around until the bronze game started!
Me and C playing Super Mario Brothers on the DS!


It was a very close game and a fun one to watch! This is what L and Cortney did every time out and halftime....


The girls played awesome! We are proud fans of the team! And, it turns out they won! Woot!

And my awesome sister, Rhonda is their coach!
The bronze medal winners!


Some random pics taken at SUU

This is a twig I found that looks like a skinny person.......
Me and Da Vinci
Cortney and Thomas Jefferson...
It was quite the awesome weekend! We had a ton of fun! Go team!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you are a regular triathalon-er. Haha. Is that a word? Probably not. Anyway, maybe one day I can do a triathalon. You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeAnn, I seriously think you're one of the toughest women I know! When we move back and I eventually decide to run a triathlon--I'll know who to call to be my trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously hate your guts. Wow! Who can say that they've done a triathlon...well I guess you can now. I love the pic of the twig that looks like a skinny person. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bronze metal is rad. i'm glad they played well. Nice job on your tri. Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know you were into triathlons. It doesn't surprise me though. :) Way to go!! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete