Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cortney's Birthday and the Jordanelle Tri

I have a wonderful husband! He is so kind and patient and is very smart! He is so good to me! When I asked if it would be okay for me to do a triathlon on his birthday, he told me "of course!". To make a nice weekend of it (and to be close to the race), we stayed in Park City at the Chateaux. It was such a fun weekend! 
On Saturday we headed to the race venue. The water at Jordanelle was also extremely low this year. They had a transition to the first transition. (in triathlon talk, that means there was a distance to go from the water to the transition area) It was so long! This was probably the hardest triathlon I've done. They didn't end up starting the race until 10am (this is the middle of summer!) so the race was very hot and difficult. I rocked the swim and was one of the first out of the water.  The bike part was quite comical, however. As I was on the last part of the bike, a bee flew into my mouth and stung my tongue (yes, this really happened). When it happened, I thought it was just some bug (not a bee) and spit it out. But my tongue started to go numb! Luckily for me, it didn't swell up very much - it was just annoying (and really funny!). I did finish the race! I got 27th overall (out of 112). I felt okay about it, what with all the weird circumstances of the race. 
I am so lucky to have such a great supporter sacrificing his birthday to come watch me! 

We went back to the hotel and got ready for the day and headed to Arby's for lunch! 

Then we went back to our hotel and took a nice nap! There really is nothing like a post-race nap. Ahhhhhhh
Because my man loves Chinese food, we dined in at the Panda Express for dinner! It was awesome (I had never been there before)! We then went to Smith's to pick up some groceries for the next day. 
It was such a fun weekend! I'm so grateful for this 28 year-old man who is so good to me! Love you, Cort!

No comments:

Post a Comment