Monday, August 5, 2013

Camp Loll

I had the great opportunity when I was a teenager of working at Boy Scout camps. I started out at Camp Loll. I am so grateful for the many wonderful life lessons I was able to learn while working there. I love going back to visit! We missed alumni weekend last year, so we made sure we were going to be able to go this year. 
We made a party out of the trip! We were able to ride with the Hansens and the Stevens'.  Lauren and Justin also brought along their cousin Angell (who is awesome!). It was totally the party suburban! We stopped on the way for some dinner at Frosted Top in Ashton. Mmmmm. The drive in was so beautiful!  




 We made it to camp just in time to catch the end of the Friday night campfire. Then we hung out a bit and set up our tent. It was so good to be there! In the morning after breakfast, I headed on an awesome trail run! I only almost biffed it hard twice, ha ha! 


 While Cortney was still snoozing, we headed up above Weather Rock to check out the huckleberries. They were delicious!

Russell & Kira

Baby M!

 Angell & Lauren


 Russell wouldn't let the under-bush hidden berries fool him...

 So cute!

 Ahhhhhhhh, I love it!

 We got back from huckleberry picking and went on a tour of camp to show Angell and Cortney...

Angell the toughie! 










 M's favorite thing to do was play with the dirt! 



 Ash & Scott arrived just before lunch!

Little P

 The S Fam

 Us with the S Fam. Ash & I worked at CCV together. Ash went to school with Cortney. I met Scott through one of my best friends. Ash & Scott worked at CCV with Cortney and I. And then we were all in the same young-married's ward. We love them! 



 Angell, Justin, & Lauren 

 Swim check faces!! Ha ha :)
















 My old stomping grounds, the Trading Post!

 The funny ones!

 Baby T! 

 Such beautiful eyes! 


 Mmmm, rocks!

 After dinner, we went to flag ceremony and then to the campfire. 






 After the campfire, we headed back to the lodge to hang out for a bit. Then we snuck out and went on a midnight canoe ride! It was AWESOME! The stars were absolutely incredible! It was so fun to go with Cortney and our friends! 
Sunday morning, we went to church and just relaxed! 


Before we left camp, we headed to show Angell Polar Bear Springs...






 The drive home was a dusty good one! It's always great to spend time with our best friends in one of the greatest places on earth! 
Thanks for the great memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment