Saturday, August 31, 2013

East Canyon Tri

To end off the summer racing season, I did the East Canyon Triathlon. This was the first year they have done this triathlon. I was super interested in participating in this triathlon because I have swam in that reservoir many-a-time to train for triathlons. My sister and I have rode our bikes on that road a lot as well. It was exciting! We went up there on Friday night to drop off my bike and transition stuff. Saturday morning I rode the bus up to the dam to get ready for the race. It was a different race than I had done before (having to place all my things in my transition bag for the company to take down). It was a sweet race! The swim was great, the bike was fast and familiar, and I haven't run that fast in several years! I got 1st in my age group and 4th overall. And I won a free pound of Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates (the best part!).

No comments:

Post a Comment