Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Because we got high........the legal way:)

Two weeks ago, Cortney and I had the opportunity to take an awesome hike up to Lewis Peak. We both love hiking and haven't been able to go as often as we'd like, so it was nice to get out. Cortney had never been up to Lewis Peak, and it'd been a long time since I'd been there so we wanted to go. It was awesome! And so very beautiful! It was a tough little hike, but very worth it! It was great to get out! It's so nice to be able to reflect on the beauties of the earth and to enjoy the peace, quiet, and serenity of it all.



Here is an awesome quote I heard several years ago that really explains why hiking rocks........

"You cannot stay on the summit forever, you have to come down again. So, why bother in the first place? Just this: what is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower reaches by memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know."
-French Mountaineer, Rene Daumal

So there you have it! Hiking rocks!

1 comment:

  1. DeAnn! I just read your comment on my blog, and I came back over here and the comment that I made on this post isn't here! I wrote a huge one too, right after you posted this. That is so weird.

    ANYway, I was laughing because I wrote on here all about how funny it was that we dug up that sign and moved it just so we could get a better backdrop for our photo, haha!! Those were the good old days.
    *ahem* I mean, These are the good old days.

    :)

    Want to go up Ben Lomond with us this weekend? You guys busy?

    ReplyDelete