Monday, May 20, 2013

The Suby

I bought a car once from my best friend Jayne. I had just come home from my mission and was at her house visiting her. Her husband called her while I was there (he was in town looking at cars) and said he found a car for them to buy. If I remember right, it was kind of unexpected (but he had a hobby of buying a different car a couple times a year). I had always wanted a Subaru (you know, to be cool and sporty and outdoorsy and stuff and to go camping and biking and hiking and to make it places when the weather wasn't so great). The kind people that they are, they sold me their red Subaru at a great deal! (Thanks again, years later!).  This car has been so good to me! It had protected me in many a snowstorm, survived me driving into the carport with my bike on top, survived my seminary teacher and mother-in-law backing into it, and safely got us to my sister's house in a really horrendous snow storm http://thewertandwilms.blogspot.com/2010/01/monticello-trip-epic-road-trip.html.



Well, after having the car for 6 years, we decided that it would be a good time for us to upgrade a car for me. We sold it to a very happy teenager!The ruby Suby was a 1996.  We purchased a newer and slightly larger car. A 2000 Subaru Outback. It had more miles than the ruby Suby, but was newer and in great condition! This is not my car, but what my car looks like...
It is a great upgrade! Here's to more adventures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment